[SOPHIA LECTURING – RESEARCH GRANTS]
This year, Sophia University is offering Sophia Lecturing – Research grants to a number of selected applications. Please find the requirements on the following explanations:
- An applicant must hold the rank of full-time professor, associate or assistant professor, instructor, or assistant at a 4-year university.
- An applicant must specialize in one of the following fields: engineering, mathematics, or natural sciences.
- An applicant must present a definite plan for his or her research at Sophia University. (Please refer to the booklet FACULTY MEMBER AND THEIR FIELDS OF RESEARCH.)
- Booklet and Application Form can be downloaded through the following link: http://bit.ly/SOPHIALecturingResearchGrant
Conditions of Grant:
- Grants are for a consecutive period of no longer than three months during the academic year (April to March 31 of the following year).
- Daily maintenance stipend:
- 5,000 yen per day for those invited as Visiting Professor,
- 5,000 yen per day for those invited as Visiting Associate Professor,
- 4,000 yen per day for those invited as Visiting Researcher.
- Housing is provided free at university guest house.
- Expenses for travel to and from Japan, as well as for travel within Japan, are not paid by Sophia.
Applications or further inquiries should be directed to
Prof. Toru TAMIYA
Faculty of Sciences and Technology
TEL: +81-3-3238-3300 FAX : +81-3-3238-3500
7-1 Kioi-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8554, Japan.