Are you planning to continue your study to Master Degree or even to Doctoral Degree abroad? The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Japan offers a number of scholarships for the students who wish to continue their study as a research student in Japanese Universities.
- Application period: 17 April – 8 May 2018
- Document selection result: 31 May 2018
- Written examination: 7 June 2018*
- Written examination result: 2 July 2018*
- Interview: 16 – 20 July 2018
- Submitting the Letter of Acceptance: Until the late September 2018
- Final result from MEXT: December 2018
- Departure to Japan: Early April 2019
- Tuition fees
- Subsistence costs around 143.000 Yen/month (research students), 144.000 Yen/month (master students), 145.000 Yen/Month (doctoral students)
- Round-trip flight tickets Indonesia – Japan
- Exempted from paying students visa fee
- Subsistence costs include the fee for paying student houses for the universities that do not provide student dormitory. Some of the universities in Japan provides student dormitory for degree students, however.
- The students benefited from this program is not going to commit to a certain department/institution
- The applicants should be maximum 34 years old by 1 April 2019 (born on or after 2 April 1984)
- A graduate of D4 / S1 / S2
- Choosing a study field that is in line to the previous study field on the previous degree
- Priority is given to the applicants with GPA minimum 3.2 on the previous study
- Attach an English or Japanese proficiency certificate with score (Notes: TOEFL Like and TOEFL Prediction will not be considered in the selection. The applicants should provide TOEFL/TOEIC certificate issued by ETS):
- TOEFL-PBT/ITP minimum 570
- TOEFL-iBT minimum 80
- IELTS minimum 6.5
- TOEIC minimum 820
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) minimum level 2/N2.
- Physically and mentally healthy. The applicants should not be in the condition of pregnancy during the selection process. The applicants who are selected, should also not be in the condition of pregnancy until the departure time.
- The candidates are willing to take Japanese language course (for those who have not mastered the language)
- For the applicants who are under these following conditions can not apply for the scholarship scheme. Please read the following conditions HERE