JICA opens the application for international students. Innovative Asia aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resource between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia. To this end, opportunities for study in Japan for competent students who are studying at partner schools in Asian countries will be provided.
What is “Innovative Asia”?
This initiative aims to enhance the circulation of competent human resources between Japan and Asian countries and to promote innovation in the whole Asia. To this end, opportunities for study and internship in Japan for competent students who are studying at ‘partner schools’ in Asian countries will be provided.
Degree and Field of Study
In this program, participants will be accepted in master’s courses at Japanese universities in such fields as Science and Technology, and Engineering, especially, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, etc. The applicants should submit the proposed research topics to be eligible and the topics must be relevant to the program’s objectives.
- Nationality: Citizens of one of the 12 Asian countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam)
- Under 35 years of age (as of September 1st, 2018)
- Bachelor’s degree (as of September 1st, 2018)
- Those who study or graduated from the partner schools (see below)
- Adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course
Notes for the Second Batch Applicants
2nd batch students will come to Japan in around September 2018 to commence the study at Japanese Universities.
The selection is subjected to the schedule and deadline of each Japanese university you apply for (see below 6). Please directly contact Japanese Universities.
To find out more information about partner schools and the application deadline on each school, please click HERE