2018 GKS for ASEAN SCIENS is Open for Application
Hello young fellows! Do you want to have study experience in South Korea? The 2018 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) for ASEAN Countries’ SCIence and ENgineering Students is calling for application from our campus. The students from Faculty of Animal Sciences and Faculty of Veterinary Medicine are eligible to apply since the subject offered in this program is “Animal and Dairy Science).
2018 GKS for ASEAN SCIENS (ASEAN Countries’ Science and Engineering Students) is designated by NIIED (National Institute of International Education under the Ministry of Education, Korea) for ASEAN countries university students to spend their summer abroad learning major field at Korean Universities and also Korean culture with full scholarship for 5 weeks.
There are five Korean universities hosting this program separately and each university will invite 24 students with different major field.
Chungnam National University is one of the hosting universities of 2018 GKS for ASEAN SCIENS and our major field is Animal and Dairy Science, so we recruit students who are majoring in Animal and Dairy Science and related field (Biology and Life Sciences) in their home university.
1. Application form (find it on the attached file)
2. Self-introduction (find it on the attached file)
3. Research plan (find it on the attached file)
4. Letter of recommendation from academic supervisor (Professor) (find it on the attached file)
5. Copy of the passport information page) (if you don’t have a passport yet, send it until the end of May after selection)
6. Certificate of enrollment (Official insurance from home university).
In order to participate in the program, you should fill in the application for and other formalities here: http://bit.ly/GKS_Application_Form
- Application Period: 16th April 2018 – 2nd May 2018 (Nomination should be made by Home University Officials)
- Interview (Telephone or Skype): Mid May (*please write accurate phone number so we can reach you during the time)
- Admission notice: End of May – Early June (*after admission notice, participants will receive invitation and other important notice by email)
- Arrival in Korea: 16th July 2018 at Incheon International Airport
- Leaving from Korea: 17th August 2018
- Program period: 16th July – 17th August 2018 (5 weeks)
- A citizen of one of the 10 ASEAN countries
Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Enrolled in the second to fourth year as an undergraduate student who majors in Animal and Dairy Science or related field (Biology or Life Science).
- Fluent in English
- Mentally and physically healthy
THE NUMBER OF STUDENTS
- Home university will nominate maximum 5 students
- Selection will be made by CNU faculties and NIIED during May
- Total 24 students will be selected among CNU applicants
- Round-trip air ticket (only for international)
- Free accommodation (including meals)
- Tuition and other program fee and traveler’s insurance will be waived
- Students will have certificate of completion and three academic credits
*Participants will be responsible for transportation fare in home country (domestic flight), body check-up fee at home country and VISA processing fee.
HOW TO APPLY
- Students prepare the application materials (1-8) and submit them to the university International Office or the charging faculty
- University officer nominate maximum 5 students and send their application forms along with the Applicant List to email@example.com by 8th May 2018
*We will only ask the selected students’ original application form by post in June. Please refer to the mailing address below
*Late application will not be accepted
Ms. Minji Park [Program Manager]
217, W15 Building, Office of International Affairs, Chungnam National University
99 Daehakro, Yuseonggu, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
ZIP Code: 34134
You can read the application guide here: http://bit.ly/GKS_Application_Guide